Monday, August 26, 2013

And the Cheese Stands Alone.....

Yup, it's just me now. All alone. Just V. Yuki - gone week 1. Ashlee - gone week 2. Lorena - gone week 3.  Yes, I have met other people here - they are all really nice (well, not all but most). But my core group is gone.  But here is the really weird thing, I am actually ok with it.  If you know me, you know I like my alone time.  I was lucky enough to have met 3 of the most awesome people I could have met here but I got fat alone, and honestly, I am going to lose the weight alone.  Yes, my support system is beyond amazing (you, I am talking about you) but honestly I am the one that has to fight this battle, continue on this journey and make sure it sticks.  So I guess it is apropos that I am alone this week.

This week is prep week for the real world - I cannot believe I have to leave this amazing cocoon and really get started on my journey.  4 weeks was a great time to be away but in a weird way - I am excited to get started back home in Boston.  I want to throw all the food away that is in my house and go food shopping.  I want to join Equinox (bet you never thought you would ever hear that statement come out of my mouth).  I really want one martini - sorry, Mom, but it's true.  I want to see my friends and family.  But that will have to wait because I have planned what may be the hardest work out week of my life for the next 5 days.  2 most likely, 3 additional training sessions.  3 extra pool classes. 1 extra spin class and 1 extra advanced cardio class.  I am shooting for 2 extra hours of exercise a day for the rest of the week.  Oh boy! Titi has gone crazy. I did that for 3 days last week and while I was exhausted - I ended up losing 5.1 pounds last week.  Oh - that is a total of 12.1 pounds of weight loss over the last 3 weeks.  Which is pretty flipping awesome and I am now closer to 200 instead of closer to 300 (granted only by 1 pound but I will take what I can get).

I am ready and I am excited to start this new phase of my life.  For the first time in I don't know how long, I am honestly happy. Like happy, happy. Not fake happy. Not everyone wants me to be happy so I will put on a fake smile and laugh happy. BUT FOR REAL HAPPY.  Endorphins really are nature's anti-depressant.   Emilie has been saying it for years but I didn't believe it.  Again, its weird - I don't want to lose this feeling but am going to have to figure out how to get it without exercising 7 hours a day and incorporating work into the picture.  I know I can do it though.  Because if you last 1, let alone 4 weeks at BLR - you pretty much can survive anything. Trust me - this shit ain't easy.
But it is pretty fun:)

xoxoxo
V

4 comments:

  1. Heck YEAH!!!!..lov ya. so much...papi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this Ness. So proud of what u have accomplished so far, maybe I should start thinking your way. Imagine I said that haha. Have a great last week and bring it on home. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!! So excited to talk to you when you're back!! ROCK ON with your last week LOVE!
    Thinking of you XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can totally do it V, work-life balance needs to become your mantra! It ain't easy, that's for sure. In my world, the gym comes first. Literally - because if I don't work out in the AM there's no way in heck I'm going to have the energy/drive/willpower to do it after work. (After all, that's when all the good TV is on, lol.) Hugs from Boston, keep up the amaze-balls amazingness!

    ReplyDelete